ch-scene - Re: Old 4-track needs mechanical repair

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mark Richardson <lobsterman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Old 4-track needs mechanical repair
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 02:11:43 GMT

Mump wrote:
> Mark Richardson wrote:

>> If all you're looking to do is play back, can't you just disarm all
>> the tracks so they won't record?
>>

> If the recording mechanism head thingie wasn't jutting out, preventing
> me from even inserting the tape itself, yeah, I'd do it.

Ah, that's a problem. My old Yamaha 4-track used to do that- it was
fairly easy to open the case up and release the head assembly by gently
pushing it (on the side of the assembly, not directly on the top of the
heads) back into place. Maybe take you half an hour if you aren't afraid
to open it up- it's useless to you anyway though, right?