ch-scene - Re: Jazz Piano/Voice Teachers in Chapel Hill/Durham?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Van Sant <kvansant AT pobox.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Jazz Piano/Voice Teachers in Chapel Hill/Durham?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:40:37 GMT

On 23 Feb 2005 10:27:07 -0800, kdarbro AT nc.rr.com wrote in message
<35ebbc3610cb.3610cb35ebbc AT southeast.rr.com> :

>Hey there:
>
>A friend of mine is looking to pick up where she left off in chordal piano
>and jazz voice. Anyone know of someone or multiple someones in the area who
>can help her?
>
>Thanks,

In Carrboro, Robert Griffin and in Durham, Gabe Evens are both
excellent jazz pianists and teachers. You can get their contact info
through the CHMTA
http://www.chapelhillmusicteachers.org/Teacherdirectory.html

For voice I'd suggest also checking with the CHMTA but also giving a
call to NC Central University, especially if this student is really
serious about jazz voice. That's one of the strengths of their music
dept over there. Another guy who comes to mind who is an amazing
singer and experienced teacher is Carter Minor, though I don't have
contact info for him handy.

Kevin Van Sant
jazz guitar

http://www.kevinvansant.com
to buy my CDs, hear sound clips, see videos, and get more info.

Visit my new Instant Download Mp3 Store at:
http://www.onestopjazz.com/mp3-store.html

Alternate site for gig tape soundclips
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/kevinvansant_music.htm