ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, Week of February 17, 2005

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ben Davis <ben_dontspamme_davis AT unc.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, Week of February 17, 2005
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:42:04 -0500

as if there wasnt enough...
you can eat and catch an early show...

Friday Feb 18th
Early Show at Nightlight (Skylight Exchange, ) Chapel Hill, NC
405 1/2 w rosemary st chapel hill NC 27516 919.933.5550

*********8 pm********** for real
Ben Davis (solo) Lovitt Records
Panoply Academy of Legionaires – Secretly Canadian

Come out and see an amazing band, the Panoply Academy of Legionaires, on
tour from Bloomington, IND. Arty rawk that will shake your butt and your
brain –the veteran band's live energy has made them a fan favorite for
every young scrapper who has been lucky enough to see them perform on
their dozen tours across the US between 1996 and 2001 in which they
played every sweaty basement DIY club in the midwest and on both coasts.
-vintage avant-kookiness perfected across three full-lengths ,an EP and
countl;ess compilation tracks – NOT TO BE MISSED-

Ben Davis will open with some solo renditions of songs from his 2 CDs on
Lovitt records – A set created uniquely for this show involving a laptop
and a keyboard - .