ch-scene - The Last Radio Station Gets All Up In Your Face Again

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "G.T. Tyson" <gtyson AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The Last Radio Station Gets All Up In Your Face Again
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 04:22:14 GMT

Just a quick note to thank everyone who sent in MP3s of their music
when I put out the call a few months back. Thanks to you guys, the Last
Radio Station has more NC bands on its playlist than any other webcaster
that we know of.
We're still looking for more good music to put on our playlist so
people in other states and countries can hear it. We may not have
untold millions of listeners just yet, but the ones we have are very
dedicated to the cause, as it were, and we have the listener-feedback
letters to prove it. If you'd like to add your tunes, just click on the
URL below to get the whole story. We'd like to hear your stuff.
In the meantime, we're continuing with the most eclectic and offbeat
music mix you're going to encounter anywhere on the planet. This is
adventurous music for the openminded listener. Each song is a separate
entity standing on its own merits, independent of whatever came before
or after it. We can go from Marlene Dietrich to Marilyn Manson to
Marillion to Mancini. We honestly have no idea what's going to come out
of the speakers next. A friend of mine calls it "radio without a net".
The Last Radio Station is the end of radio as you've known it, and
the
beginning of a whole new thing. Check it out.

KL

http://home.nc.rr.com/gttyson/lastradio.html

  • The Last Radio Station Gets All Up In Your Face Again, G.T. Tyson, 01/31/2005