ch-scene - Fw: [CarolinaPagans] Musicians and vocalist sought for diverse NC music group

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Sorren Thule" <sorren23 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Fw: [CarolinaPagans] Musicians and vocalist sought for diverse NC music group
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:59:45 -0500

Hellos!

I know this is somewhat off-topic here,but,I thought i'd throw this out here just in case.Feel free to forward this message along to anyone whom may be interested...many thanks and best wishes to all!

P.Hart

Back to lurking now :)

*poof*

Rasika is a diverse musical project based in Greensboro NC.
We are presently seeking a vocalist and musicians to collaborate with.We would be interested in hearing from musicians with a forward thinking,original,and creative musical mission in mind.

We are looking specifically for; lead vocals(female),wind players
(recorder,flute,pipes,etc...),early string players
(violin/viola,cello,harpist,dulcimer,hurdy-gurdie,etc...),drums and percussion(preferably of the world/folk/experimental school). Synth,ele.instrument players and other musicians who find this concept of interest are also encouraged to contact us.

Rasika's music spans many genres,and typically falls into these categories; new age,world(east Indian,middle eastern,Celtic),folk,experimental,atmospheric,ethereal,early European music(medieval,renaissance,baroque,romantic),fantasy,and more.....though we do not fall into any ONE established category and endeavour to keep it that way.

More info on what we are and are not looking for...we are not looking for typical cookie-cutter musicians.Multi-instrumental capability is preferred.We are looking for individuals who are compelling and creative,that approach music as an aesthetic art form.The ability to improvise *and* play in a structured format is a must.The ability to perform in front of an audience is a must.You must provide your own instruments and processors,mic's,etc...

We have our own rehearsal/practice/area and basic recording studio.
The instruments we currently employ are; sitar,tamboura,oud (medieval lute),various drums(tribal bass,tabla,doumbeks,etc..) and percussions,guitar (ele.and acoustic) bass
(ele),synths/sampler,processors and effects,e-bow,and other special effects.

For more info,please visit our web site at:

http://www.rasikamusic.com

or for more music downloads visit:

http://download.com/rasika

Contact info:

Paul Hart

email: anarathoth AT gmail.com

or tele#: 336-233-7292

  • Fw: [CarolinaPagans] Musicians and vocalist sought for diverse NC music group, Sorren Thule, 01/24/2005