ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of January 13, 2005

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Johnny B" <buck_tempo AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of January 13, 2005
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:29:13 GMT

I'm set to be your guest British DJ for the evening. Manchester still has
much to answer for.

I've got a total coverbandcrush on Caterpillar. They played, like, half of
Pornography at the Ooh La Latte show. Sigh....

j-b

"grady" <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote in message
41E6F76C.5000002 AT ibiblio.org">news:41E6F76C.5000002 AT ibiblio.org...

Friday, January 14
The Caterpillar, The Shankleys
Local 506, Chapel Hill

This show is a benefit for tsunami relief via the American Friends
Service Committee. The bands involved, in case you've missed the
stories/rumors/what-have-you, are "tribute" bands to The Cure & the
Smiths (you figure out which is which) featuring
current/former/part-time members of Jett Rink, Roxotica, Fashion
Design, Dom Casual, etc, etc. I haven't seen the Caterpillar, but the
Shankleys pretty much ruled on their first show (absence of "How Soon
is Now" notwithstanding) at the Kings Cover-Up last year, and surely
they've only improved with age. And I used to freaking *hate* the
Smiths