ch-scene - Federal Soul & Honey Machine this week!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: SolidSoundSystem <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Federal Soul & Honey Machine this week!
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:18:36 -0500

FEDERAL SOUL
THURSDAY JAN 13 from 10pm-2am
at Federal - 914 W. Main Street - Durham, NC 27701 - USA - 919.680.8611
FREE ADMISSION!
http://www.thefederal.net/

DJ Midnite Cowbwoy joins DJ Marco's bi-weekly session of strictly original
vinyl soul, funk, jazz, latin, and reggae! Marco will most definitely be
spinning selections from the following recent acquisitions, which you can
see pictured at

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/images/textowndig/

Moses Dillard & The Tex-Town Display: NOW! (Tex-Town) LP
G.O. Smith, Miss Black America 1969: WHO AM I? (Tex-Town) LP
The Presidents: 5-10-15-20-25-30 YEARS OF LOVE (Sussex) LP
Voices of East Harlem: s/t (Just Sunshine) LP
Leon Spencer: LOUISIANA SLIM (Prestige) LP
Mama Lion: GIVE IT EVERYTHING I'VE GOT (Family) LP
Kay Gees: KEEP ON BUMPIN' & MASTERPLAN (Gang) LP
Main Ingredient: EUPHRATES RIVER (RCA) LP
Society of Seven: SIMPLY OURSELVES (Silver Sword) LP
Four Tops: KEEPER OF THE CASTLE (Dunhill) LP
Gene Page: HOT CITY (Atlantic) LP
Barbara McNair: THE REAL (Motown) LP
Etta James: s/t (Chess) LP
Cold Blood: THRILLER! (Reprise) LP
Ike Turner Presents the Family Vibes: STRANGE FRUIT (UA) LP
Spinners: IT'S A SHAME (Pickwick re.) LP

HONEY MACHINE
International Go-Go Dance Party
FRIDAY JAN 14 from 10pm-2am
at Ringside - 308 West Main Street, Durham, NC - 919.680.2100

Piloting the main floor this Friday, DJ Marco revs up the Honey Machine to
bring you the sexiest global 60s-70s sounds from the likes of Andre
Brasseur, Ray Charles, Yiu Yia, Teresa Teng, Lata Mangeshkar, Manuela,
Michele Richard, Zalatnay Sarolta, Asha Bhosle, Jane Birkin, Doris, Andre
Williams, Pete Rodriguez, Mohd. Rafi, Chiyo Okumura, France Gall, Ananda
Shankar, Georgie Fame, Wilson Simonal, Ennio Morricone, Shirley Bassey,
Wilson Pickett, Willie Bobo, Kalyanji Anandji, Ouyang Fei Fei, Pussycat, Big
Jim Sullivan, Brother Jack McDuff, Wanderlea, Bob Crewe and many more..!

DJ MARCO GRAPHIC DESIGN
You've seen his flyer art for the past several years, now Marco is now
offering his design services to the world at large! Check out his
portfolio-in-progress here: http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/design/

INCRIMINATORS / SOLIDSOUNDSYSTEM SOUL WEEKENDER
It's coming up January 20-22 with this massive roster of DJs:

DJ Marco
DJ Midnite Cowbwoy
Brian Poust (ATL)
Ty Jesso (Providence)
DJ Grover (Cincinnatti)
Russ Vickers (UK)
Sire Troy of the Scorpio Brothers (RVA)
Terry Holloway (ATL)
PMutt (Chapel Hill)

plus the Solid Gogo Dancers!!!

WITH LIVE MUSIC FROM Straight 8s!

Hit us up for more info:
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/music.html

MASALA BEAT CLUB TSUNAMI RELIEF BENEFITS

At MSB, we play the music of South Asia, so we're giving back in their time
of need with two benefit parties:

Friday, January 28
MASALA BEAT CLUB TSUNAMI RELIEF BENEFIT
at Talulla's - Chapel Hill NC
w/ DJ Marco + DJ Mogambo
Admission $5 with 100% of the door going to a reputable relief organization
(TBA) for South Asian tsunami aid!

Saturday, February 26
MASALA BEAT CLUB TSUNAMI RELIEF BENEFIT
at Ringside - Durham NC
w/ DJ Marco + DJ Mogambo
and Project Mastana
At least 80% of the door will go to a reputable relief organization (TBA)
for South Asian tsunami aid!

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

  • Federal Soul & Honey Machine this week!, DJ Marco, 01/12/2005