ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, Week of December 30, 2004

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Matt" <mkalb AT blast.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, Week of December 30, 2004
  • Date: 1 Jan 2005 06:43:39 -0800

Sub-subject: I didn't mean it, honest!

Based on an email or two that I received, my attempt to be silly and
self-deprecating in my earlier post didn't come off the way I intended
(instead, it was read as deprecating of _others_ instead of myself
and/or hung up on nettiquete for its own sake). Sorry for anyone who
took it that way--I should have considered the way email/usenet so
easily twists subtleties of tone or humor into just sounding negative
and mean--this truly was not what I meant to do. I was actually
mocking my own efforts, not knowing if my repost would even accomplish
what I was setting out to do, and was decidely not mocking anyone else
or making a real complaint about the change of subject line.

Sorry also to take up more inbox space cleaning up my own mess, but I
really wanted to go on the record as not having meant to attack WXYC or
anyone affiliated!

Matt

P.S. The issue, which I know is minor, and tried to acknowledge was an
easy, honest, human-being type thing, was:
The thread of "Stuff to do, Week of December 30, 2004" was no longer
showing up under that name, at least through Google groups, and I was
looking for that thread specifically (and though others who browse by
subject might also wonder where it went). Thus, I tried to reply under
the subject and see if it would show up as such, which I only did
because the radio show had already occurred so I didn't think I was
hurting anything.

  • Re: Stuff to do, Week of December 30, 2004, Matt, 01/01/2005