ch-scene - Asia Earthquake Fund

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Hart Blanton" <hart_blanton AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Asia Earthquake Fund
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:15:06 -0500

Hi All.

This message concerns matters far beyond the Chapel Hill scene, but I'm sure it concerns many in Chapel Hill scene. I wanted to pass along this llink where you can make an on-line donation to Oxfam's Asia Earthquake Fund:

https://secure.ga3.org/02/asia_earthquake04?source=aqt04_mo

If you prefer to donate in person, they list a phone number you can call.

From their webpage:

"Deadly giant waves, triggered by an earthquake off the coast of Indonesia, have left tens of thousands dead and more than a million homeless.

Oxfam and its partners responded immediately by distributing food, temporary shelter, and clean water in Sri Lanka. In Indonesia, we will soon be providing much-needed water and sanitation. Oxfam teams are busy assessing needs in India and other countries affected.

Oxfam America is a 501(c)3 organization. Your donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. If you'd prefer not to give online, you can donate via phone, fax, or mail. See below for details."

- HB.

http://www.unc.edu/depts/socpsych/fachp/blanto.html

  • Asia Earthquake Fund, Hart Blanton, 12/30/2004