ch-scene - Shape Shifters in Carrboro 12/11; Kimock acoustic recording

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: naught AT nil.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Shape Shifters in Carrboro 12/11; Kimock acoustic recording
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:50:33 +0000 (UTC)

Just a quick note to let you know that my electric quartet, Shape
Shifters, will be at Cat's Cradle this coming Saturday, Dec. 11. We're
opening for our friends, Cosmic Charlie (http://cosmiccharlie.net), a very
nice Dead tribute act out of Athens, GA. After our set, I'll also be
sitting with Cosmic Charlie on lap steel at various points throughout the
evening.

Doors open at 9, and we'll go on around 9:30. Tickets are $8 advanced/$10
at the door. Advanced tickets can be purchased at http://catscradle.com.
The Cradle is located at 300 E. Main St. in Carrboro, just a few blocks
west of Franklin St.

We're also pleased to announce that a high-quality recording (on a CD) of
our set will be available for purchase ($10) immediately after the show
via emusiclive. If you'd rather download the music in mp3 format, you can
purchase individual tracks at http://www.emusiclive.com.

Finally, thanks to all of you who came out to the Steve Kimock Band show
last month. Between our acoustic set (wasn't that Indian slide guitar he
was playing just the craziest thing?) in the afternoon and the big evening
show with his electric band, we raised over $5,000 for the EAB cancer
charity fund! A nice audience recording of our little acoustic set is
available for free download at:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=20041

An audience recording of the evening show with Steve Kimock Band
is also available for free download at:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=20148

If you'd like a high-quality multitrack recording of any Steve Kimock Band
shows, you can purchase them at:

http://digitalsoundboard.net

You can find out more about Shape Shifters, including clips, bios, details
on shows, etc. by visiting us at http://shapeshiftersband.com or by
dropping me a line at mike @ howlingdogtheory.com.

Thanks and hope to see you out there Saturday.

Mike Babyak

  • Shape Shifters in Carrboro 12/11; Kimock acoustic recording, naught, 12/06/2004