ch-scene - Re: holiday light displays?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: David Menconi <dmenconi AT newsobserver.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: holiday light displays?
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:33:24 -0500

> does anyone know where there are some good holiday light displays in the
> triangle area? free or pay or donation is fine. just didn't know where
> they're located.

Walnut Creek is doing their annual "Celebration of Lights." $10/carload, but
freebie tickets (or at least $5-off coupons) are easy to find.

one of the most impressive displays I've seen in Raleigh is in the 2400 block
of Van Dyke in Raleigh. small-ish bungalow w/an amazing display out front --
even the boat in the driveway
has stuff on it. from Oberlin, go about 2 blocks west on Van Dyke & ya can't
miss it.

David Menconi/Raleigh (NC) News & Observer
919/829-4759
http://www.OffTheRecordBook.com