ch-scene - URGENT: Chapel Hill & Durhamites going to Raleigh, BEWARE!!!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: URGENT: Chapel Hill & Durhamites going to Raleigh, BEWARE!!!!
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 19:21:13 -0500

Big ups to my friend Tom Corbitt, who passed along this urgent bit of information:

I-40 is going to be CLOSED Friday and Saturday nights. If you live on the Chapel Hill side, I'd head down to 64. If you live on the Durham side, I'd head over to highway 70. Don't let this keep you from going to the Cover-Up at Kings (Cy Rawls as David Yow last night was terrifying), but plan ahead:

http://www.wral.com/traffic/3969034/detail.html

DOT To Temporarily Close I-40 At I-540 Interchange In Durham County

POSTED: 12:12 pm EST December 3, 2004
UPDATED: 12:23 pm EST December 3, 2004
The state Department of Transportation will temporarily close Interstate 40 at the Interstate 540 west interchange Friday and Saturday.

All lanes of I-40 will be closed both nights from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m.

Each night beginning at 7 p.m., lanes will be closed one by one starting in the eastbound direction. All lanes will be closed by 10 p.m.

Eastbound I-40 traffic will use the following signed detour:

* I-540 East (Exit 283B) to Aviation Parkway South (Exit 2A) to Airport Boulevard to I-40 East.

Westbound I-40 traffic will use the following signed detour:

* I-540 East (Exit 283B) to Aviation Parkway North (Exit 2B) to I-540 West to I-40 West (Exit 1B)

Westbound I-540 traffic needing to access I-40 East will use the following signed detour:

* Aviation Parkway South (Exit 2A) to Airport Boulevard to I-40 East

The closure is necessary to begin construction of the future I-540 bridges over I-40 as part of the Northern Wake Expressway project.

  • URGENT: Chapel Hill & Durhamites going to Raleigh, BEWARE!!!!, grady, 12/03/2004