ch-scene - Re: OOH LA LATTE (and more competition)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mary Anne Barckhoff <barckhoff AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: OOH LA LATTE (and more competition)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:10:48 -0800 (PST)

Apparently the Durham Co-op benefit is TONIGHT (Nov. 19) at Ooh La Latte.
The Pink Slps will be playing with Spader and Destroyed by Kittens.

Just to keep the competetive atmosphere going, there is yet ANOTHER benefit
show happening on Saturday on the Chapel Hill side of things... The
GoGirlsMusicFest -- benefiting MusiCares which provides a safety net of
critical assistance for music people in times of need.

The event will take place in Chapel Hill November 20th at The Cave and Local
506 featuring solo's, duo's and bands in both venues the same night, for one
$10.00 cover!

Local 506 will feature: Lactose Quervo, Little Miss Messy, She Mamas, Calibur
and The Pink Slips. Entertainment starts at 9pm
The Cave will feature: Jess Pironis, Someone's Sister, Annette Warner, Jessi
Hamilton, Kristi Starr, Katie Sawicki and Brianna Lane. Entertainment starts
at 8:00pm
Wheee!!

mab

grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
Dunno about the co-op, but there is an XDU benefit on Saturday night at
the Duke Coffeehouse. You'd have to figure that if there are only going
to be two good rock shows in Durham in a given week, they'd have to be
on the same night . . .

Jamie McLendon wrote:
> I don't know if this has been addressed yet or not, but this Saturday
> night at Ooh-La-Latte is a showcase touting the recent Durham Rocks!
> compilation. Appearing will be Shana Scudder, Topography, Dom Casual,
> Wigg Report, and Section 8. Wigg Report are also using the show to
> promote the release of their new album on Olive Juice Records
> (available at the gig, and not a moment before...)
>
> Not sure what's up with the Durham Co-op Benefit, but I'm hoping it's
> not scheduled to be happening simultaneously at the same place. If so,
> then we call dibs on the stage! ;)
>
> Jamie

Viva la Venus website: http://www.vivalavenus.com
Little Miss Messy website: http://www.littlemissmessy.net

The difference between excitement and fear is a matter of choice.
>From mdhall005 AT yahoo.com Fri Nov 19 12:28:41 2004

b=zfAx137t7obHKH040CwkYkhHU6Vo/Q7W5mqLtuJfJ2xFDEej5Dv/kmXfLxkPYmi0wi5FPxJotw0grzdkY+ghKz6PwE0KzftBPo2pSgBIM3klmH80L3MuXh6jtKM47y5BwZ4xFN7/abhhhtd+s0G3sTwHNhx9VymbGLIwgPVfCro=
;