ch-scene - Re: Blackstrap concedes

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Blackstrap concedes
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:48:25 -0500

Yoinks! This Saturday is November 6th. But you all knew that...

bendy wrote:

Blackstrap, having failed to alter the course of the presidential
election, is calling it quits. But we've got one more dance on our
dance card, this Saturday at Joe and Jo's, and so it's your last
chance to see us live.

Saturday. November 8th. Joe and Jo's Downtown Durham. With Wigg Report.

In unintentionally typical punk band fashion, it's serving as a record
release party, too. So if you wanna pick up a copy of our *Media Slut*
EP, all gussied up and professionally released by 307 Knox records,
you'd really be helping them out of the lurch we're leaving them in:

http://www.307knoxrecords.com/artists.html

So Saturday, we're gonna fly apart even more than usual, then retreat
back to the undisclosed hiding places from whence we came. You'll
probably hear more from some of us, but maybe not all of us. If you
don't make it, thanks for coming to the other shows. It's been
incredible seeing the Durham scene take shape.

Scatter! They're coming after us all!

Bendy