ch-scene - "Re: the most fucked up thing all day

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philipayers AT yahoo.com (My friend Phil said,)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: "Re: the most fucked up thing all day
  • Date: 16 Oct 2004 18:12:15 -0700

>Duncan Murrel said this about a year ago
>The saddest example, to me, was the Nick Drake/Pink Moon/Volkswagen
>commercial. Not because the song is sacred or anything,

it's not? You people aren't too much for angry romanticism???
Still, it's just repulsive how these thieving, grave robbing,
pry-the-gold-outa-their-teeth-scumbag-capitalists use art. IF THAT
SOUNDS ANGRY? Have you looked up at the sky lately?
"Black Eyed Dog" is one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard. Of
course I identify with my doggy and see it's life as no less than
mine. But most of Drakes other works are as sacred as any art can be
and that's good, even if it is depressing.

http://www.peacebrook.info/RPHH/

  • "Re: the most fucked up thing all day, My friend Phil said,, 10/16/2004