ch-scene - Kimock/Cancer Benefit in Carrboro, NC Nov 13

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: naught AT nil.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Kimock/Cancer Benefit in Carrboro, NC Nov 13
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:54:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

Wanted to give plenty of lead time as tickets for this show are limited
and might not be available on the day of the show. The Steve Kimock Band
will be playing a benefit concert at the Carrboro ArtsCenter on Saturday,
November 13. Proceeds from the show will go to the Elaine A. Battaglino
Charity Fund, which supports cancer research and children=92s science
projects. Show time is 9pm. As some of you may know, this band is one of
the most accomplished groups of instrumentalists touring today. Along wit=
Steve Kimock on guitar, the band features incredible percussionist Rodney
Holmes, who won an armload of Grammy awards with the Brecker Brothers and
later as a member of Santana in the 1990s.

Earlier in the evening, Steve will be making a =93Meet and Greet=94 appea=
rance=20
at Temple Ball Studios (located directly across the street from the=20
ArtsCenter on Main St in Carrboro), where he will be available to chat,=20
sign autographs, etc. The last half-hour of the Meet and Greet will=20
feature a little informal acoustic set by Steve and me. Admission is free=
=20
but we encourage a donation of $5 or more toward the EAB Fund. More=20
details, including the precise time (we expect it to be around 5 or=20
5:30pm) will be announced closer to the time of the event.

For more information on these events, please visit:

http://templeball.com/kimocktickets.html or http://kimock.com

Thanks

Mike Babyak
http://shapeshiftersband.com

  • Kimock/Cancer Benefit in Carrboro, NC Nov 13, naught, 10/07/2004