ch-scene - If the Indy award posed with a gun, would you vote anyway?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Thom Wiley <monkeyboythom AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: If the Indy award posed with a gun, would you vote anyway?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:29:43 -0400

Hmmmm.

Just a couple of things I had observations/questions aboot:

1) Yeah, it is a neat looking statue of Napolean Porkaparte. But if
you won, will you now put it on your Band's website/resume that you
won a "Piggie"?

2) How did the Indy-sponsored music round table/copyrights forum go?
Was there a big debate on what is "fair use" rights? Was the evil
empire, Clear Channel, mentioned? Did everyone get a cupcake?

cheers,
thom

PS - what makes an "Indy pick" anyway? And why are there so many of them?

Message: 13