ch-scene - Re: 23 Acts, 4 Stages = Sat Nite in Carrboro

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: 23 Acts, 4 Stages = Sat Nite in Carrboro
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:04:10 -0400

Oh, I get it. Yr high-priced communication-consultant brain says "if I post the full lineup here, I'll have no reason to tell them to pick up a copy of the paper."

Tell me, who was the one with the brilliant idea to not print any biographical information about the nominees until *after* the voting was over? I'm sure there was some strategic thinking behind that one as well, but I can't quite suss it out.

Probably the same person who didn't think to post MP3s of the nominated songs to the website . . . heaven forbid anyone get to hear what they're voting for.

catherine kerr wrote:

Have Fun / Great Bands on Sat Nite - All this and more will be had at the
Indy Music Awards - Sat, Oct 2nd from 6-1
Tickets are $10 at the ArtsCenter and the Cat's Cradle.
Check the complete schedule in this week's Indy.
COME...support yourselves and your friends.

www.indymusicawards.com