ch-scene - Re: Smoke screen

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: paok <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Smoke screen
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:06:09 -0700 (PDT)

I don't want to make too much of this, considering that Hep didn't actually
post this on this list-serve, and I fear this is going to sound like an
attack on just him. But I must say that neither side in this issue has been
particularly fair or reasonable in my opinion, and I feel like both sides
have tried to force ideals down my throat, as Hep puts it, and that this
entire debate has never been a real debate but a bunch of name-calling and
defensive posturing. Neither side is listening to the other.

I actually think there is nothing wrong with wondering publicly whether its a
good idea to charitably support a business that sells guns. Perhaps Brian
and Ruby went beyond this. In any case, the reaction was a tad
over-defensive, me thinks...

my two cents, so feel free to blast away at me,
cheers,
phaedra

phaedra