ch-scene - Have I already missed the Flicker event this coming Thursday?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Thom Wiley <monkeyboythom AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Have I already missed the Flicker event this coming Thursday?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:46:26 -0400

>From the Flicker website:
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
The three day event will begin Thursday at the original Flicker venue,
Local 506, when all past and current Flicker directors will screen
films. Norwood Cheek's "Young Rock" will wrap up the evening and
features 17 music videos from bands such as Superchunk, Archers of
Loaf, and Polvo. The film provides a veritable slice of the Chapel
Hill music scene back from 1994.
8 pm Local 506, Chapel Hill (919) 942-5506

And From the Local 506 website:
IMPORTANT: Advance Purchase of Membership is Required to Attend Shows
at Local 506. Local 506 operates as a private club in order to serve
liquor in addition to beer. In accordance with NC Law, membership is
required to attend shows and must be purchased 3 days in advance.
Memberships are $3 and available at the club during hours of
operation. You must be 18 years old to join. Registered members are
allowed three guests. You may also download the word document here and
fill it out and email it attached, back to the 506 here. This will
make joining the club much easier!
You must be over 18 year old to attend shows. There is a $3 charge for
attendees under 21.
- Ticket prices are $2 higher for non-members.

I don't have a membership to the club as of today. So am I sol? (Yes,
I know. I'll probably get in as someone's guest.)

But this highlights the problem. This is very tough for the casual
walk-in visitor or for someone who wants to attend an event and does
not know of this membership requirement from just visiting the other
site, in this case Flicker. Should there be a disclaimer on the
flicker site, or is it too late? I heard about the difficulties
experienced with Sleazefest this year. While I don't think film fans
will be as rowdy at the door as the others were, will they be turned
away too?

-thom
(who needs to get a membership ASAP so that he can see the Billy Nayer
show next Monday)

--
I like to play poker with tarot cards...I get a full house and four people
die.

  • Have I already missed the Flicker event this coming Thursday?, Thom Wiley, 09/22/2004