ch-scene - Re: trailer park -- see ya there -- early evening fun

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: trailer park -- see ya there -- early evening fun
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:13:15 -0400

A more substantial reminder, including dates & times:

This is a covered-dish potluck followed by a screening of movie trailers -- apparently a little bit of everything, dates ranging from 1940-2004. The reel of trailers was built by some folks in Richmond & I believe that this screening is a shorter version of their "Trailer Park Theater" which was last night in Richmond. If so, their blurb promised "Those in attendance can expect to see trailers from films such as Bowling for Columbine, 6 Bullets for Jesus, Dracula Vs Frankenstein, Rock-n-Roll Highschool, Weed Dungeon, Blazing Saddles, Marijuana, and plenty more."

After the trailers, rock. Wigg Report + SheMamas. I haven't ever seen Wigg Report but I love this one song on their first demo, goes "passed out in the gutter, no I don't want another summertime to end"

Saturday night the 28th. Noshing to commence ~6:00ish. Trailer screening at 7:30. Rockmusic ~ 9:00.

$5 if you don't bring a covered dish; free if you do.

Bring a chair or something else sit-able.

xo

Ross

p.s. I have nothing to do with this other than not-quite-obsessively-enough keeping track of details like this. Plus I feel guilty for not including it in the email I sent out earlier.

Niku wrote:
that's it, just a quickie reminder. If you are already engaged, please
stop by for some friendly potluck and some wacky trailers. If you have
time, stay for wigg report and the shemams. Good clean fun in
downtown, at mr. shoe.
more is here - www.msfilms.org/trailerfest.html
hearts,
niku