ch-scene - Top 100 RIAA-safe

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Top 100 RIAA-safe
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the following, it
does list labels distributed by holding companies of
RIAA member labels, and it uses an Amazon web service.
But it *is* an interesting concept towards which
someone has applied some effort:

http://www.magnetbox.com/riaa/zeitgeist_topamazonsafe.asp

That Go 4 list of Grady's was simply breathtaking.
Effin great work, sir.

I know what Grealey's talking about, but give Flying
Saucer credit for chipping in a good sized chunk of
change for the lobbying effort to get our favorite
malt beverages legalized in NC. Last year I had a
discussion with some folks about how much money it
would take to be successful at such an effort. We came
up with an honest figure and threw our hands up in the
air as too expensive for us. A few months later, FS
coughed up *exactly* the figure we thought would be
needed.

3