ch-scene - wxdu down for a bit

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "The Programming Director's Account" <progdir AT www.wxdu.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: wxdu down for a bit
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:58:29 -0400 (EDT)

For the benefit of the 3 or 4 of you who are not wxdu djs..

WXDU's Station to transmitter link has gone down due to flooding in the
building in which it is housed. We may be off the as much as a few days.
Please keep checking 88.7FM and wxdu.org

ps. thanks to Mark for the kinds words about local college radio.
Also we are chronically frustrated by our terrestrial
signal. Unfortunately we are limited by having little money and
restrained by FCC rules. Specifically, our tranmitter tower is out near
Hillsborough and we are required to protect Shaw University's signal from
Raleigh at 88.9FM. This results in a somewhat weak coverage in Durham's
Direction. Our signal problems are particularly bad durin summer mornings
due to meteorological conditions. So in the Fall we should be sounding
better again if you are not trying to tune us in from behind a hill. (for
example, Intersecttion of Franklin st and Estes in CH, or 54
bypass in CH)

Jeff
Assistant PD, WXDU

  • wxdu down for a bit, The Programming Director's Account, 08/15/2004