ch-scene - Indy Weekly's 2nd annual band guide

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: alex kostelnik <bd189 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Indy Weekly's 2nd annual band guide
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 09:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

"DADA" <dada AT ibiblio.org> Add to Address BookAdd to
Address Book
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 00:52:58 -0400
Subject: [durhamtown] LOCAL MUSIC ROCKS!

ATTENTION BANDS!!

SUBMIT BAND INFO TO

INDEPENDENT WEEKLY’S

2ND ANNUAL INDY BAND GUIDE

Dear Local Musicians and other Friends,

The planning for the Durham Music Festival is well
underway and we are VERY excited about a wonderful 3rd
Annual Durham Music Festival. This year’s new
collaboration with North State Sound and support from
the Independent Weekly along with the continued
support of the City of Durham are coming together to
bring a much bigger, brighter, tighter festival than
we have ever presented before. We certainly hope that
you’ll be there to see it! The festival takes place
August 20-21 (with a pre-party at Ooh La Latte on
August 19th). Stay tuned to
www.durhammusicfestival.org for additional information
and updates. The festival schedule will be released
in the very near future, so look out for that!

But that’s not the real reason for this email. The
Independent Weekly is putting together its 2nd Annual
Music Guide. Last year’s guide was great, and they’ve
promised that this year’s will be much much better!
We are very excited to see it and hope that all local
bands and musicians will submit their information for
inclusion. We heard from several bands after last
year’s guide that they didn’t know about it. That’s
why we’ve decided to send out this little reminder.

ATTENTION BANDS!

SUBMIT BAND INFO TO

INDEPENDENT WEEKLY’S

2ND ANNUAL INDY BAND GUIDE

HERE’S HOW:

Goto http://indymusicawards.com/

and click on the TAKE OUR BAND GUIDE SURVEY link.

You can also fill it out on paper.

It can be found in this past week’s Indy.

Please help spread the word. Forward this message on
to all local bands and music groups you know. We’d
hate for them to be left out!

Sincerely,

Robert

Robert B. Stromberg
Durham Association for Downtown Arts, Inc. (DADA)
PO Box 488
Durham, NC 27702
www.durhamdada.org