ch-scene - Heavy Petting

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma_us AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Heavy Petting
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:58:35 GMT

No, this is not a sex ad. It's a party that I'm throwing at the Local 506
and I'm inviting you all to check it out. I've had this itching to merge
current dj culture (that of flawless technique) with the dj culture of the
old school, which had more freedom in genre selections. The end result?
Heavy Petting.

It's about bringing back the rock, funk, new wave, techno, and other styles,
back into the club. No long journeys into the world of mixing one style of
music. We're mixing it up big time. I've been asked many since I started
working on this project "How is any different from the all the other 80's
parties that keep popping up from time to time?" My answer, this is not a
"retro" party hooked on just spitting out a bunch of crappy records. It's
a really rocking party and is bent on breaking rules of dj culture. I've
pulled together some djs who are completely dedicated to playing anything
to get you to rock out on the dance floor. Trust me. You'll love it.

Heavy Petting

Friday July 23 (this weekend)

Local 506
Chapel Hill

10pm

  • Heavy Petting, uzoma nwosu, 07/20/2004