ch-scene - Need guitar, bass

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: starchild AT mutualaid.org (Agent Starchild)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Need guitar, bass
  • Date: 19 Jul 2004 19:23:09 -0700

Dear Chapel Hill musicians,

I'm looking for two ridiculously talented people to play guitar and
bass with a band that includes me on keys and vocals and my buddy
Tyler Hipnosis on drums. It's not "my" band; at this point I have
about 20 original songs but if you've got your own work and you sing
too, then we can share the mic.

I want a guitarist with enough versatility to play everything from
funky reggae riffs to hair-band-style guitar solos. The bassist needs
to be able to play like RHCP or Primus.

Only people willing to bust serious ass for the next month or two.
I've gotten burned really bad in the past by people who just wanted to
fuck around.

I've got a spot in the lineup at Fox Fest, this national underground
music festival in Pittsburgh, on August 21st so it would be boot camp
for the month of August if you wanted to join up.

You can listen to my mp3's at
www.chthonic-arts.com/artists/agentstarchild. Right now it doesn't
sound how I want it to. Ultimately I want to sound like Belle and
Sebastian, Elf Power, or Beulah when I have a full band. Right now
it's just an 80's retro synth sound with drums on some songs and
straight piano on others.

Please feel free to call me at 919-698-2267 regarding this inquiry if
you'd like.

Peace, Morgan Guyton

  • Need guitar, bass, Agent Starchild, 07/19/2004