ch-scene - TWO ROCKIN' SHOES AT JO & JOE'S TUE 7/20 & THU 7/22

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: starchild AT mutualaid.org (Agent Starchild)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: TWO ROCKIN' SHOES AT JO & JOE'S TUE 7/20 & THU 7/22
  • Date: 15 Jul 2004 14:15:48 -0700

**************NEWSFLASH FROM CHTHONIC ART PRODUCTIONS***************
Guess what? Durham's got a music scene!!! So it's time to put the
board-games away for a couple of hours and support the bands that come
here!!! We've got two great shows coming up next week at Jo & Joe's:

Vostok (avant-pop from Orlando) is playing Tuesday, July 20th with
@gent
starchild and Tyler Hipnosis opening. The Orlando Weekly says that
Vostok
has "outstanding piano and vocal hooks that feel like Joe Jackson
meets The
Multile Cat." I really dig bands that use chord progressions and
riffs that
don't sound like anything I've heard before and Vostok definitely does
this.
www.vostokmusic.com.

Thursday, July 22nd, two high energy rock and roll bands - Richard
Cory from
upstate New York and The Same Fate from Detroit - will share the stage
at Jo
& Joe's. They've both agreed to keep the volume at a manageable level
so
that Caleb and Josh can have their nightly "situation room" discussion
at
the bar. But do not be alarmed if you find yourself with messed up
hair and
an untucked shirt by the end of the night. www.richardcory.tk.

PLEASE COME OUT PEOPLE!!! These bands are all coming a long way to
play
here. I spend 10 hours a week promoting this stuff. Jo and Joe's is
the
hottest bar in town. Instead of having a dozen really cool people in
there
this Tuesday, I want 50 at least.

Don't go to Chapel Hill; don't do those weekly games and activities
you can
do any other week. Come see one of these awesome bands that won't
pass
through here but maybe once a year!!!

Morgan Guyton aka Agent Starchild
Chthonic Art Productions
www.chthonic-arts.com
chthonic-arts AT mutualaid.org
AIM: agentstarchild77
YIM: agentstarchild

  • TWO ROCKIN' SHOES AT JO & JOE'S TUE 7/20 & THU 7/22, Agent Starchild, 07/15/2004