ch-scene - Re: Shwervon and Desc at OOH la LATTE (Durham)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Shwervon and Desc at OOH la LATTE (Durham)
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:49:56 -0400

http://www.drummergirl.com/interviews/trachtenburg/trachtenburg.htm

"Christy: So, I know you've played the bass with King Missile and Schwervon! What do you like about playing the bass opposed to playing the drums?
Rachel: I like being able to stand up and walk around when I'm playing. I think the bass is easy if you learn how to play the drums first. Or you could play the bass first and then the drums. They're very similar."

She would appear to sit in with all kinds of folks in NYC.

xoxo

Ross

hjd wrote:

The band with the Trachtenburg girl is The Trachtenburg family (slide
show). Shwervon is a duo from NYC...great stuff try to check them out
if they come around again.
j <no.longer AT mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:<060720041846412303%no.longer AT mindspring.com>...

In article <40527bbd.0407060514.a6d7484 AT posting.google.com>, hjd
<mullansp AT dpsnc.net> wrote:

If you missed the show saturday with Desc (scotland) and Shwervon
(NYC) you better hope they come around again. It was an amazing show
and a rare treat for Durham.

Is Shwervon the band with the little Trachtenburg girl in it? If not,
she's in a band with a similar name.