ch-scene - Outragedmoderates.org presents Download For Democracy

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: thad718 AT hotmail.com (Thad Anderson)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Outragedmoderates.org presents Download For Democracy
  • Date: 26 Jun 2004 11:22:14 -0700

Hey guys,

I know a lot of people who read this site; for thosee of you I don't
know, I'm a Raleigh native who is now attending law school in New York
City. I'm writing to spread the word about my website,
outragedmoderates.org.

The goal of the site is to present a moderate argument against the
Bush administration. The aspect of the site I'm most excited about is
the Download For Democracy campaign, which uses Peer-to-Peer file
sharing to let citizens see controversial Bush administration
documents with their own eyes.

So far, we're offering 55 government documents, including the
following:

Iraqi prisoner torture scandal:
- General Taguba's report, the internal investigation which first
documented the Abu Ghraib abuses
- The memo in which President Bush claimed the right to ignore the
Geneva Convention
- The memo that authorized forced nudity and threats with unmuzzled
dogs
- The memo that authorized the "waterboarding" and "mock burial"
torture methods
- The memo in which Bush's lawyers explain that forcing prisoners to
stand motionless, for hours, is going too far; which shows Sec.
Rumsfeld's handwritten response: "I stand 8-10 hours a day. Why is
standing limited to 4 hours?"

Cheney's Energy Task Force and Halliburton:
- An email from a high-ranking Energy Department official to a gas
industry lobbyist, asking him to submit a proposal of how he would
change the Energy Department's policies if he "were King, or il Duce"
- The Pentagon's harsh internal audit of Halliburton subsidiary KBR's
billing and subcontracting practices
- The Pentagon's paperwork for Halliburton/KBR's no-bid contract
- The "coordinated w VP" email, written by an employee at the Army
Corps of Engineers, which provides strong evidence that Vice President
Cheney was involved in the decision process for Halliburton's no-bid
contract

Please check out the site, and pass it on to anyone you know who would
be interested.

Thad Anderson
outragedmoderates.org