ch-scene - Garage Rock at Fowler's, Federal on Friday 6/25

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Lora Brooker <lbrooker AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Garage Rock at Fowler's, Federal on Friday 6/25
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:49:18 -0400

Friday, June 25
Fowler's Porch & Garage Music Series
112 S. Duke St, Durham NC
8-11 pm

First show in the "garage" ~ please come out and support the rock!
Bands on the Morgan Imports loading dock stage, fans hang out on the porch and in the blocked-off Pop's/Fowler's parking lot.
Might want to bring earplugs.

Appearing in reverse order:

10:00 pm The Forty-Fives (who are celebrating their new release HIGH LIFE HIGH VOLUME, out 6/29 on Yep Roc Records):
http://www.thefortyfives.com/
http://www.yeproc.com/artist_info.php?artistId=133

8:45 pm The Greenhornes (confirmed for Sleazefest later this summer):
http://www.greenhornes.com

8:00 pm The Loners (Raleigh's own two piece rock/blues/Nuggets-esque combo):
http://www.pidgeonenglish.com/bands.php#loners

TICKETS:
$8 advance/$10 at the door (cash only, sorry we have no credit card machine outside).
On-site box office opens at 6 pm, bars and doors at 7 pm, music starts promptly at 8 pm.
Advance tickets can be purchased online via http://www.team1512.com or http://www.etix.com.

AFTERPARTY:
Join us after the show at hip new Durham bar Federal, walking distance from Brightleaf Square, right next to James Joyce Pub. Longtime WXDU DJ Steve Gardner will be spinning classic garage/punk rock cuts on vinyl. Here's what he had to say:

I will also be DJing at the Federal after each one of the Fowler's Porch &
Garage Music Series shows, also in Downtown Durham. I will be playing
whatever type of music is featured at the series each night. My first show
is this upcoming Friday, at the after show party for the show with the 45s,
the Loners and the Greenhornes. I'll be playing Garage Rock and it's various
offshoots that night, including stuff by the Flaming Groovies, the Kinks and
the Sonics. The after party festivities start immediately after the end of
the show, around 11pm or so.

Fowler's Show Schedule:

http://www.team1512.com/schedule.html

Friday 6/25: The Forty-Fives and The Greenhornes, with The Loners opening.
Friday 7/9: Tres Chicas and The Moaners, with Danielle Howle opening.
Friday 7/23: Eric Ambel & The Roscoe Trio with Patty Hurst Shifter [note: Dexter Romweber Duo has just been added to this show!]
Friday 8/6: Chatham County Line, Bluemont Road and Polecat Creek

Come on out to Fowler's and to the Federal and say hello!

Cheers.
Steve Gardner
steve AT topsoil.net

  • Garage Rock at Fowler's, Federal on Friday 6/25, Lora Brooker, 06/23/2004