ch-scene - Cnn ticker just said Ray Charles died today.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Fhr AT std.com (Holden Richards)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Cnn ticker just said Ray Charles died today.
  • Date: 10 Jun 2004 20:08:48 -0700

Ray Charles was on my short list of folks I wanted
to see before I shuffled off the grid. For his
persona, his voice, his musicianship.

Ray Charles wanted to be just like Nat Cole and his
early records show it, but he went on to find his own
voice and his own way of saying things. He was never
embarrassed about wanting to sound like Nat Cole either
he always owned up to it, almost in tribute to how great
Nat Cole was in the 30s and early 40s.

Roll on Ray...
h.

  • Cnn ticker just said Ray Charles died today., Holden Richards, 06/10/2004