ch-scene - Fowler's Music Series kicks off tomorrow night in Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Lora Brooker <lbrooker AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fowler's Music Series kicks off tomorrow night in Durham
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:50:41 -0400

Hey y'all,

If you want to support grassroots cultural activism in downtown Durham, here's another great opportunity to do so while drinking beer and wine and sitting outside listening to top-notch live original music.

Please join us tomorrow night for the season kickoff of the 2004 Fowler's Porch & Garage Music Series. This summer and early fall my company Team 1512 Productions will present 10 concerts at Fowler's, every other Friday night from 8-11 pm. Our bookings are deliberately eclectic and showcase all kinds of good bands ~ look for twang, garage rock, folk, indie pop, Americana, Latin, and soul/funk, etc. Plus there are free after-parties each week at Federal, a hip new Durham bar next to the James Joyce Pub (new patio too if you haven't been there recently). Tickets to the Fowler's shows are $8 in advance or $10 at the door, unless it is an unusually special event. For more information or to buy tickets online, http://www.team1512.com.

Friday 6/11:
We start the summer off right with a CD release party for our good friends and fan favorites Two Dollar Pistols, who will play a bunch of songs from their great new record HANDS UP! After working with noted producer Brian Paulson, their classic country sound has evolved and taken some turns into pop-influenced soul land, and the result is mighty fine. Kevin Gordon Trio from Nashville TN and local rootsy singer-songwriter Shannon O'Connor round out the bill. Box office opens 6 pm, doors and porch bars open at 7 pm, concert begins at 8 pm.

Upcoming shows:
Friday 6/25: Garage Rock on the loading dock: The Forty-Fives and The Greenhornes with The Loners opening
Friday 7/9: Female Folk/Roots/Rock on the porch: Tres Chicas and The Moaners with Danielle Howle opening

Hope to see you out at Fowler's!

Best regards,
Lora Brooker
Team 1512 Productions
Fowler's Porch & Garage Music Series

  • Fowler's Music Series kicks off tomorrow night in Durham, Lora Brooker, 06/10/2004