ch-scene - Friday May 28@Go! Amish Jihad reigns righteous rockin' yr way

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "go room4" <goroom4music AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Friday May 28@Go! Amish Jihad reigns righteous rockin' yr way
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:32:15 +0000

just wanted to add some clarifcation to this post
amish jihad is just that. a conundrum
kudzu wish is a rock band from greensboro. forget those labels like post-hardcore. they fucking rock
check them out. they will be playing new songs that tehy are recording in june with j. robbins(jawbox burning airlines) in baltimore.
the talk is another awesome rock band with more "indie" leanings but better than any ive seen. and i have seen more than i want(working sound at clubs and all) they are from charlotte. and i promise they are worth getting there "on time" at 9 to check them out.

Subject: word unto all of your mothers

hi everybody. bill here. trying to rally the troops
for rockin' this friday. the show (this friday, the
28th) is at go!studios, brewer lane, carrboro. show
begins around 9pm should be a fun show: amish
jihad, thunder lip (awesome maidenesque incredishit),
kudzu wish (you need to see them), and the talk. this
should be pretty dang fun, so if yer bored, get your
ass there. yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!
billl

I'll add these details, as supplemental incentive:

Amish Jihad is insanely intense metal shape-shifting
that will make you wonder wtf the transmission is made
of, that it 1.) hasn't fallen out the bottom of that
sucker in pieces and 2.) somehow runs smooth as silk,
even with the tremendous torque variance. (Must be
that tumultuous sense of humor that keeps it all so
fantastically well-tuned and timed!)

Thunderlip, bill defined (I haven't seen 'em, don't
know 'em)...

Kudzu Wish is outta Greensboro, and they've been doing
what allmusic.com might define as post-hardcore, but I
don't know wtf any of those genre labels really mean.
Call up xyc or xdu and request some to find out what
they sound like.

The Talk uh... I suppose they're the band going on
around 9pm... I don't know who this is, I don't think.
*But* they're on the ticket with Amish Jihad, so they
must rock it loud n noisy! Go check 'em out, already!

Remember, it's Go Room 4, this Friday night, for
goat-throwing good time!