ch-scene - Polynya opening for Shannon Wright tonight Wednesday 12th

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: sorren AT mindspring.com (Sakura-San)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Polynya opening for Shannon Wright tonight Wednesday 12th
  • Date: 12 May 2004 10:55:51 -0700

Dear All,
Decahedron or whoever it was cancelled, so now it's us (polynya) with
the gig. We are from CH, and have a sort of keyboard-driven pop thing
goin' on. With drums, bass and guitar too. Members of Fashion Design
and Roxotica and other bands since defunct. I'm not the best at
describing what music sounds like frankly, but we could sound like
Stereolab only faster, Beat Happening if we were lucky, HNIA but
you've never heard of them so nevermind, etc. The compositions are
interesting, the tunes are easy on the hears, the girly vocals are fun
to nod to, and you should just come see us! Uh, we are supposed to go
on promptly at 9pm, so show up for SW early or you might miss it.
Mwah!
Rachel

  • Polynya opening for Shannon Wright tonight Wednesday 12th, Sakura-San, 05/12/2004