ch-scene - Deadwave Dance Party @ Nightlight :: May 15th

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Johnny B" <buck_tempo AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Deadwave Dance Party @ Nightlight :: May 15th
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 18:48:50 GMT

The Deadwave alternative dance party is returning for a 3rd time to The
Nightlight! If you're a lover of 80's music, but bored with the typical
Top-40 "80's Nights," Deadwave is here for you. Mr. DJ Johnny B (yours
truly) will try to fill in the gaps with a mix of alternative, new wave, and
goth tracks by: The Fall, Blancmange, The Chameleons, Ultravox, Altered
Images, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Jam, Clan of Xymox, Thrill Kill Kult,
New Order. There'll be classic arcade videogames and videos/films for the
peoples, and yes, as always, the bar will be open. I also promise to keep
alive the tradition of my dancing like a spaz for the entirety of the
evening, all for a paltry $5. What more could you ask? Red velvet cupcakes??
You got it!

So gather yr angsty frenz to come dance on Saturday, 15 May, 10 pm to 2-ish.

The NIGHTLIGHT is @ 405 1/2 W Rosemary St, Chapel Hill.

xojb

  • Deadwave Dance Party @ Nightlight :: May 15th, Johnny B, 05/01/2004