ch-scene - Re: DJ Russ @ Jackpot! thursday April 1

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: desena AT bellsouth.net (Russ De Sena)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: DJ Russ @ Jackpot! thursday April 1
  • Date: 15 Apr 2004 09:36:50 -0700

I really shouldn't have to do this, but I just can't seem to be able
to put words out into cyberspace without hurting some thinned skinned
fella's feelings, So... I like the Jackpot, and go there way too
often. Stingray of the New Millenium is a compliment, I went to the
Stingray every night for 2 years straight. It's always just as easy
to underrate what we overrate, to take for granted the things we love,
etc. Any place you go to enough has memories attached to it; I've had
great times at JP, but I've also been miserable, too. Such is life.
You know James freaking Joyce had to move away from Dublin because the
place tore him in two, but he needed to write about it. My songs and
my writing and my emails and my whatevers are just the same thing,
just trying to figue why I love and hate living in Raleigh. Unlike
Joyce, I'm doing it while stuck here. No exile for me, I face this
shit head on. I went to Mitch's for the first time in years and
relived some painful shit that went down 10 years ago, stuff I didn't
even remember came backin a wave. So when I make comments about a
place I've been to many times, I'm really talking about ME, so don't
take it personal. I love the Jackpot, I've made some friends there,
it's OK, and Mike D has always been great to me. So there.
news:<6081b67e.0403300908.669c4e95 AT posting.google.com>...

  • Re: DJ Russ @ Jackpot! thursday April 1, Russ De Sena, 04/15/2004