ch-scene - Cradle and Hoops

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ehren Gresehover <gresehover AT mac.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Cradle and Hoops
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:40:25 -0500

My first year at UNC I went to a Mudhoney show at the Cradle (the incarnation
across from Granville Towers). It just so happened (I was yet to become a
rabid Carolina Hoops fan) that this was the night UNC won the championship
over Michigan. Mudhoney was in a foul mood because they wanted Michigan to
win, a bunch of people were watching on a tv at the bar, and when UNC won
everybody ran out into the street. A particularly resonant early college
memory for me.

Ehren

  • Cradle and Hoops, Ehren Gresehover, 03/29/2004