ch-scene - Upcoming AV Geeks shows

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: skip AT avgeeks.com (A/V Geeks)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Upcoming AV Geeks shows
  • Date: 15 Mar 2004 12:08:42 -0800

March
Yesterday's Tomorrow Today
The AV Geeks look back to our future with films from the 1960s - a
time of techno-corporate optimism and paranoia. Films include: Future
Shock and Year 1999 AD Suggested Donation $3
8:00pm, Thursday March 18th, Bickett Gallery, 209 Bickett Blvd
Raleigh, (919) 836-5358
8:00pm, Friday March 19th, Center for Documentary Studies 1317 West
Pettigrew St, Durham (919) 660-3663

April
2001: A Space Odyssey (1969)
The AV Geeks try to make up for their previous low-budget sci-fi film
transgressions by showing one the truly great films. This 148 minute
film is an elegant portrayal of what will happen when we live in space
and the mysteries that we may encounter. FREE
7:00pm, Friday April 2nd, Museum of Natural Sciences 11 W. Jones St.
Raleigh, NC 27601 (919) 733.7450

Shake Hands with Danger: The Best of the Best of A/V Geeks
Part of the James River Film Festival, Skip shows some of his absolute
favorite educational films - Pride On Parade, Shake Hands With Danger,
and more... FREE
8:00 pm, Sunday April 4th, Plant Zero E. 4th Street Richmond, VA (804)
232-6464

Coming in April: AV Geeks hit the road and visit Houston, Austin,
Dallas and more!

See ya soon,

Skip

To be added to the AV Geeks events list, email me at skip AT avgeeks.com.

  • Upcoming AV Geeks shows, A/V Geeks, 03/15/2004