ch-scene - Re: Feb. 22, Roman Candle, Chris Stamey, but just Una Chica

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Stamey <mrstamey AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <guitartown AT yahoogroups.com>, <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Feb. 22, Roman Candle, Chris Stamey, but just Una Chica
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:00:00 -0500

The Indy has this Sunday's early acoustic show (8 p.m. at Tyler's in
Carrboro, Feb. 22) listed wrong:

It's not the full Tres Chicas who are playing, but instead the wonderful
Lynn Blakey who is seranading us all that night.

I'm going to play first, with pianist Tyson Rogers, our first show together;
then Lynn; then wunderkinds Roman Candle.

Then the next week (Feb. 29) it'll be me and Tyson and guests, the fab Thad
Cockrell, Roman Candle, and (from Nashville) Kevin Gordon.

This may become a regular Sunday concert series, we'll see. We plan on
mixing it up a bit, sitting in with each other, and previewing new songs
from new records, in an informal way, as it goes on.

"Starting right after the Simpsons."

thanks,
Chris Stamey

  • Re: Feb. 22, Roman Candle, Chris Stamey, but just Una Chica, Chris Stamey, 02/20/2004