ch-scene - Re: cleaning of records

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bo Williams <bo AT mrboboto.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: cleaning of records
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:56:12 -0500

I don't know- looks like the brush would just pick up dust and scratch the grooves with it. But it would do it automatically!

James Hepler wrote:

Is anyone familiar with this kind of device?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3077141502&category=3283&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

The seller refers to it as a gizmo, which sends a red
flag up right away. I'm so much more confortable with
the terms thingamajig and whatsit.

Oh well. CD Alley is fresh ot but will have something
by next week. I think I'll hold off and support my
local biz. Does CD Alley take Plenties?
Hep

--- Kevin Grealey <Kgrealey AT McKinney-Silver.com>
wrote:

i think they were called d3 record cleaning gear. or
maybe that was that
static gun thing. if you have a lot of vinyl you
might want to see if you
could pick up a nitty gritty cleaner on ebay. or you
could sit tight and
wait for flaherty to geek out and send you a bunch
of links.