ch-scene - 70's vintage MARSHALL cab for sale

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kutchma AT hotmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: 70's vintage MARSHALL cab for sale
  • Date: 21 Jan 2004 12:02:49 -0800

Vintage early to mid 70's Marshall cabinet with 8 ten inch speakers
for sale. The cabinet is about 4 feet tall. I believe the speakers
are original. Cabinet is in a typical condition for a 30 year
cabinet. The cloth is grey checked cloth. I've been the owner for
almost 20 years and it generally would stay in the practice room as
opposed to being on stage or on the road. The speakers sound great
and they are in great condition.

>From what I can find, this cabinet was originally used for a bass but
guitarists started to favor them because of its fat sound. I'm not a
huge gear head so I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just merely passing
along info. I believe Pete Townsend, Hendrix, Robin Trower and Stevie
Ray used these and, more recenty, Rivers Cuomo.

I unfortunately don't have any pictures of my specific cabinet but I
can dig up similar ones on the net to email to reference the type of
speakers these are.

I live in Hillsborough if you'd want to come and try it out and I
could certainly deliver it anywhere in the triangle. $700 but please
don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer.

  • 70's vintage MARSHALL cab for sale, kutchma, 01/21/2004