ch-scene - The Zombies are MAYBE coming to Charlotte

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ken and Beth Mosher <snz AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The Zombies are MAYBE coming to Charlotte
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:18:12 GMT

OK Ya'll,

I have done everything within my power to verify the details of this
show, so buyer beware...

According to the owner of Amos' Southland in Charlotte,
http://www.amossouthend.com/
Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent of the Zombies, (who have done various
shows in the US
NorthEast since 1997) will be in Charlotte on Friday, February 13th, for
a one-off.

I have written Rod Argent's website for confirmation, and received no
reply; however, I have
written them before, to no avail. They are incredibly lax in posting
their own tour dates, so this
is really weird, but not out-ot-the-question..

The only thing that makes sense is that someone has paid them to play a
very expensive private
function in Charlotte on Feb 12 or Feb 14, and they are just doing a
one-off to fill their time and
pad their pockets. Does ANYONE have any resources to verify this, or to
verify the Feb 13th
show?

So, reservations and all, I have bought my tickets....... and
"threatened the owner's life" if
this all turns out to be TOO GOOD 'TO BE TRUE!! (that, OF COURSE, is a
joke.) He said he's
gotten a lot of calls already, and he doesn't know anything about the
Zombies!!!!!

This IS too good to be true..... Friday, Feb 13th?!? A Rose For
Emily?!?! THE ZOMBIES?!?!