ch-scene - jazz guitar lessons

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Van Sant <kvansant AT pobox.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: jazz guitar lessons
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:05:27 GMT

I've got some openings for jazz guitar students starting in January.
If you know someone who might be interested in this please pass it on.

I teach all levels of jazz guitar to any students who are serious and
committed to pursuing it. Scheduling can be flexible if needed. My
teaching approach is geared toward helping the student become
comfortable and confident playing jazz and improvising. My lessons
focus on making music, if you want a class on music theory I don't
think I am the one you want. But if you want to learn how to develop
jazz phrasing or easily play chord melodies or you feel you are ready
to take your playing to the next level then I may be able to help you.
I recommend that we arrange a preliminary session where we can
audition each other. Email or call 672-1514

Who am I? I am Kevin Van Sant, a Carrboro (soon to be South Durham)
based jazz guitarist. I have released 7 CDs and have played around
the world including at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland.
When not traveling I regularly play out in the Triangle. You can
learn more and hear me play at the URLs below.

Thanks.

Kevin Van Sant
jazz guitar

http://www.kevinvansant.com
to buy my CDs, listen to sound clips, and get more info.

Alternate site for recent soundclips
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/kevinvansant_music.htm

  • jazz guitar lessons, Kevin Van Sant, 12/18/2003