ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #8

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Aris Maro <aristarik AT gmail.com>
  • To: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Europe List <CC-Europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, arab-world AT creativecommons.email, CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, latin-america AT creativecommons.email
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #8
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 08:44:49 +0300

Dear Simeon,
Thanks for sharing.
This is appreciated

Regards

----------
ArisMaro.
Mkutubi Mwandamizi - LST
Public Lead - Creative Commons Tanzania
Mobile: +255 754 315 978, +255 788 50 99 50

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 12:05 AM, Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
Hello friends! 👋🏽

One year ago this week, a bunch of us were holed up in a coworking space in Washington, DC laying the foundation for the new Global Network Strategy. We posted a summary of that meeting on the CC Wiki.

*****

This week, I'd like to share with you as clearly as possible how to participate in the following ongoing CC activities:

1. Open Education Platform

Cable has been working with volunteers to shape the Open Education Platform. They have a Version 2 of their working document which you can submit comments to. They've also set up a mailing list and a Slack Channel for this platform. Please join if you'd like to participate in Open Education Platform discussions.

This crew are hosting a virtual meeting soon. There's an open Doodle Poll to schedule meeting times. Fill out the poll if you'd like to participate.

2. Open GLAM Platform

Scann and an awesome bunch of community members are moving along with the Open GLAM platform too. Their working document is still open for comments and they are hosting their first call on Monday 22nd May, 2017 at 12 pm UTC -3 (please confirm your timezone - we wouldn't want you missing the call). Hangout will be hosted here. If you need any help or further details, you can ping Scann on Slack.

3. Community Call for Communications Folks

Jennie will be hosting a series of community calls to talk about communication strategy within CC and the various affiliate teams as well as best practices for nonprofits and the open movement more generally.

To participate, fill out this Doodle Poll. There's a Slack Channel for this too if you prefer to stay up to date that way - #cc-comms.

There are a couple of other CC Platforms that are in the works - Tim and others are working on a Copyright Reform Platform (Slack Channel: #cc-copyrightreform). Jorge from CC Guatemala and others are working on an Open Govt/Open Data Platform. Details on those will be shared soon.

None of the above appeal to you? Did you know you too can propose a CC Platform? How? Easy! Step 1. Read the CC Platforms Guide. Step 2. Tell me about your idea for a platform.

****

Quick shout out to the affiliates I interacted with this week: CC China, CC Taiwan, CC Norway, CC Uruguay and CC Kazakhstan. We also received requests to set up new chapters in Malta, The Bahamas and Thailand!

Who knows. Maybe a CC Summit in the Bahamas could happen some time in the  future! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Til' next Friday y'all!

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons