ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #9

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, arab-world AT creativecommons.email, CC Europe List <CC-Europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, latin-america AT creativecommons.email, CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #9
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 18:56:09 +0300

Hello friends! 👋🏽

Today's email will be short. I promise.

After the summit, many of you said you valued the face to face interactions and that many of them yielded opportunities to collaborate.

It got me thinking - perhaps we can replicate this through Community Calls - virtual thematic spaces that allow community members to progressively share and collaborate on their ideas.

I ran this idea by Jennie a few weeks ago and she'll be hosting a Community Call for all CC members involved in communications. This call will take place on Wednesday, May 31 at 16:30 UTC and is open to all. You're welcome to contribute to the agenda for the call on this Etherpad. The call will be hosted on Google Hangouts and you can join here.

Scann and I have been toying around with the idea of hosting a cross-regional Community Call to connect the African and Latin America communities. Details on this soon.

If you're interested in hosting a Community Call, please share your idea with me and we can plan to make it happen soon.

Til' next Friday y'all!

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today: http://bit.ly/19IjSKl

  • [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #9, Simeon Oriko, 05/26/2017