ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #2

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #2
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:35:27 +0300

Hello friends!

Is it clear to you when and where to get help with CC related tasks?

On a Global Network Strategy Consultation call earlier this week, someone raised a concern that they required assistance on some projects but they didn’t know how or where to seek it from.

Among my responsibilities, servicing your individual and collective requests is my priority so please feel free to send these to me if you have any. Happy to address them.

Translations

There’s been interest from at least 2 affiliate teams to finish up CC 4.0 translations before the summit. Spent some time this week discussing this possibility with CC Hong Kong for the Chinese translation. The CC Turkey and CC Portugal teams are also really working hard to finalize theirs which is very motivating to see.

More people would like to join the CC Network!

Since I took over in January, I’ve received many requests from various organizations and individuals to be affiliated. The latest this week came from an organization in Mexico. Other countries that have shown interest include Ghana and Zambia. I’m working to keep these interests involved in the ongoing Global Network Strategy process.

The #1 thing I think you’re interested in the most

Last week, I posted about an African Open Policy project. Many of you wrote back showing an interest in supporting it or seeking for more information. I believe this is an indication of the interests of our community. The Faces of the Commons report also brought to light your desire to work and collaborate on projects across teams and regions.

With this in mind, I’ll increasingly flag ongoing projects for you and connect you to project teams and their leaders if you wish to get involved. If you have a project you’re working on and would like it shared here, hit the reply button and let me know about it.

Tell next Friday!

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today: http://bit.ly/19IjSKl

  • [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #2, Simeon Oriko, 03/17/2017