ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] IP in the Cloud?

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Brian Ssennoga <b.ssennoga AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] IP in the Cloud?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 12:43:32 +0300

Hi Brian,

Thanks for raising this very interesting topic.

A few more resources that may interest you:

a) http://www.allenovery.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Intellectual_property_in_the_cloud_May_2013.PDF
b) http://www.cio.com/article/2399718/governance/how-to-protect-your-intellectual-property-in-the-cloud.html
c) http://www.wipo.int/wipo_magazine/en/2015/03/article_0004.html

FWIW, I'll accept the "cloud server" construct the day I'll be in a place and the captain announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have to slightly detour from our flight path to avoid a couple of computing servers suspended in the clouds right ahead of us, then we shall revert to our original flight path." :-) -- that is, there are no servers in the clouds. The servers are all located in certain countries, subject to their respective copyright jurisdictions, and of the other countries where data is transferred and or copies are made....

enjoy!

alex