ccafrica - [ccAfrica] [CC Africa] Communication tools

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] [CC Africa] Communication tools
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:21:20 +0200

Hi all:

until now, our main vehicle for internal communciation has been this mailing list. While we are going to keep it, we also note that in other regions various other tools are being utilized (e.g., whatsapp groups). CC HQ itself also recently moved to to a tool called slack, and since then everyone can follow or participate in their discussions. I’d be interested to know how people feel about using these tools
whatsapp and slack (www.slack.com). May I please ask that people on this list fil in a very short survey so that we can decide on the most appropriate way forward? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1dIJgH_wbDNYdPIJXREX87WCxSPBPSvviP_LGm8Q2v1WyiQ/viewform

We have also noted that not all of our African affiliates are on CC’s affiliate mailing list (apologies to those who previously mentioned this for not attending to this earlier). The survey is also meant to fix this asap. So please do fill it in at your earliest convenience, especially (but not only) if you are part of a CC Affiliate team in Africa.

Thank you very much for helping us fixing this and I am looking forward to trying out new modes of communcation (provided this is what the majority wants of course).

Best,

Tobias

PS: Slack sounds a bit complicated at first but I have been using it for quite some time now and it has saved me hundreds if not thousands of emails since. Here is an intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RJZMSsH7-g

---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter
Regional Coordinator: Africa
Creative Commons