ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] OER funding opportunity

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Primah Kwagala <kwagalap AT gmail.com>
  • To: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>, "thurayyampanga AT gmail.com" <thurayyampanga AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: James Zeere <james.zeere AT gmail.com>, "hrda-at-cehurd AT googlegroups.com" <hrda-at-cehurd AT googlegroups.com>, Paul Stacey <pstacey AT creativecommons.org>, CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "ccafrica-oer AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccAfrica-OER AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] OER funding opportunity
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 12:27:58 +0300

Hello Tobias, Paul, Alex, et al,

I have copied in here my colleagues at CEHURD to join in the
discussion. We would also be delighted to join in the discussions to
submit an expression of interest to collaborate with CC HQ on taking
the idea off ground in relation to health-related OER in Uganda.

Production of an e-journal on health, sharing Open Educational
Resources on health are some of the ideas we were planning to discuss
with you on our CC-Uganda road-map for 2014/15.

We have worked with university libraries before and this year while
partnering with the HarvardX team in conducting satellites on
Copyright with Prof. Fisher at our offices, we have been able to draw
interest from the Makerere School of Library and Information Sciences.

I trust we can take this on seeing as access to health information for
all Ugandans is one of our core objectives at CEHURD. Colleagues can
contribute to the discussion should there be limitations to this..

Please do avail us with some more information on how we may submit a
formal expression of interest to take this discussion forward.

Primah

--
Primah kwagala
Centre for Health Human Rights and Development *(CEHURD)