ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Stories for Team Open

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Elliot Harmon <elliot AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Stories for Team Open
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:02:53 +0200

Dear ccAfrica colleagues:

as most of you will know, Team Open is a CC project that collects and shares global stories of the power of Creative Commons licensing (see: http://teamopen.cc/). Having such “success” stories is very important to us to better promote CC. Team Open published a first series of profiles last year and they are now looking for profiles for the 2nd round. But they don’t have enough stories from Africa yet. What they are looking for is this:

(a) A story of how a real person demonstrably benefitted from Creative Commons licensing. The benefit can be tangible or intangible, but it should be real. Can the question "What happened because this person chose CC?" be answered in one sentence?

(b) A person that the audiences can relate to as peers, i.e., people in similar situations to them. This will allow us to create go-to stories when we are talking to a teacher about Creative Commons or a government person, artist or a media platform.

Please let CC’s Elliot Harmon (elliot AT creativecommons.org) know if you know about such a person and story in your countryand he will take it from there - and it isn’t a problem if this person happens to be you.

Let me know if you have any questions. Our aim should be to have at least one story/person from each affiliate country but I would love to see many more from as many countries in Africa as possible! Let’s share our success stories with others.

Many thanks,

Tobias
---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter
Regional Coordinator: Africa
Creative Commons

twitter: @tobyschonwetter
linkedin:

Please support CC in shaping the future of sharing: https://creativecommons.net/donate/

  • [ccAfrica] Stories for Team Open, Tobias Schonwetter, 04/10/2014